Senior Human Resource Advisor - Sub Saharan Africa
To support delivery of the HR strategy for the SSA region by supporting and coaching line managers in all people matters and working in conjunction with HR colleagues in the regions to ensure implementation alignment between the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and regional HR strategy. The Senior HR Advisor creates strong relationships with all the key stakeholders and clients within their matrix, including wider HR team, senior team and SBUs.
|Duration||3 years fixed term contract|
|Closing date||Sunday 24 January 2016|
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the British Council HR Regional team, contribute to the development of the HR strategy, sharing expertise and learning and ensuring an integrated approach to developing strong people leadership and management across the organisation.
- Support the Cluster HR Managers (in country) and build their capacity to carry on business partnering with their Directors and senior leaders.
- Work with the Cluster HR Managers to build their capability to translate and implement the corporate people strategies into the key areas of talent, resourcing, reward, employee engagement and organisation development, to develop the culture required to deliver the corporate strategy and goals
- Support the Cluster HR Managers to contribute to business analysis to support organic and other growth, recognising business trends, their impact on the business, and able to forecast potential obstacles to success
- Seek ways to drive continuous improvement in the provision of HR support in the region
- Support organisation change planned within the region and ensuring that the people dimensions are well planned, aligned with the policies and values of the British Council
- Take the lead role in assisting with local change, supporting and challenging managers, working with Cluster HR Managers on any change initiatives in the countries
- Act as the focal point of escalation for Cluster HR Managers and Country Directors to resolve complex and / or sensitive employee relations case work issues
- Ensure all HR activities in the region are underpinned by the British Council values and promote equal opportunities and diversity within the organisation
How to apply
You can access a detailed job role profile and apply online for this post through our online jobs portal here