British Council Uganda offers document certification services.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY CERTIFICATION?
If you have any original school, college, or university documents or degree issued by an institution or professional body, we can verify it as a true copy of original.
WHAT SHOULD I PROVIDE?
Original document (i.e. certificates, transcripts, notification of results) Also note that photocopies will only be stamped upon presenting the original documents first. Also note that photocopies will only be stamped upon presenting the original documents first.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS SERVICE COST?
- Our rate is UGX 10,000 per document. Payment can be made at any Stanbic Bank branch.
We will hold these securely until the service is complete and the documents can be returned to you. We will retain a copy for our records. We will also record your name, type of document, the date of transaction and any other relevant details for our records. This will be kept securely and will not be provided to any other parties unless we are legally required to do so
- A stamp with the following text:
- I certify that I have seen the original version of this document and that this copy is a true version of the original.
- The British Council does not accept any responsibility for confirming the
- Authenticity of the original document. <space for signature>
- <space for date of signature
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The process takes about 5 working days for your documents to be checked and certified
Please note that the following documents will not be certified by the British Council:
- online print-outs
- work/employment ID cards
- letters “To Whom It May Concern”
- IELTS Test Report Forms
- letters of appointment/authorization
- marriage certificates
- any other non-academic documents
- international passports