Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today. When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online
|Tests we offer||Fee||Book|
|IELTS Academic and General Training -in centre (on paper)||UGX 1,170,000||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training -in centre (on computer)||UGX 1,170,000||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration -in centre (Academic and General Training)||UGX 1,218,000||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) -in centre||UGX 717,000||Book now
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID passport or national ID card (for Uganda Nationals) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via cash deposit at any Stanbic Bank branch countrywide using British Council cash deposit slips. Click here for details on making payment at the bank.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the cash deposit slip on email to IELTS-Uganda@britishcouncil.or.ug.
After you have booked your test
- You will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
- Your Speaking test may be scheduled on a different day within a 7 day window before or 2 days after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course Road to IELTS.
- You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.