The British Council in Uganda offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test (for tests until 17 January 2020)*||UGX 1,001,200||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered||UGX 1,001,200||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||UGX 1,098,400||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||UGX 729,000||Book now
*Book a paper-based test from 18 January 2020 onwards
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID passport or national ID card (for Uganda Nationals) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer.Click here for details.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt or details with the rest of your registration documents to IELTS-Uganda@britishcouncil.or.ug.
Once your booking is complete:
- You will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
- Your Speaking test may be scheduled on a different day within a 7 day window before or 2 days after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
- After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course Road to IELTS.
- You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.