See the registration process for private candidates below. Please note, we don’t offer Primary Checkpoint exams to private candidates.
Exam registration for private candidates
Step 1: Complete your registration form
Download and complete an entry form from the Downloads section at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively you can collect a form from our office in Kampala. You will need to bring along with you:
- three current passport sized photographs
- a valid international passport (original only – no other form of ID is acceptable)
- a photocopy of the information page(s) of your international passport.
Once you have filled in your details, sign and submit the application form to one of our customer services team in .
When to register
Do I need to make any special arrangements?
Step 2: Pay for your exams
You will find the fees for all exams listed on the registration form. Your application will not be processed until you have paid for your exams.
Make payment via electronic bank transfer or direct deposit to:
Bank: Stanbic Bank
Account number: 9030005677164
Currency: Uganda shilling
Swift code: SBICUGKX
Please use the correct ‘number’ reference below on your payment:
- 11 – CIE A/AS Level
- 12 – CIE O Level
- 13 – CIE IGCSE
- 14- CIE other income
British Council deposit slips are provided at Stanbic Bank branches countrywide.
Each examination board has a normal registration stage for each exam session. You may still be able to register for exams after this date, but you will have to pay a penalty fee. You can find more information about late registration penalty fees on your exam registration form.
Keep your stamped bank deposit slip/proof of payment as you will need this to complete your exam registration.
Step 3: Submit your registration form
You have now filled in your registration form and paid for your exams.
The final step is to submit your application to the British Council.
To do this, you will need:
- Your completed and signed registration form. Please make and keep a photocopy of this form for your records.
- Two colour passport-size photographs. These must be identical and taken within the past six months.
- A clear photocopy of your valid international passport.
- Your stamped bank deposit slip. Please make and keep a photocopy of this deposit slip for your records.
Submit the completed application and proof of payment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring the form to our offices in Kampala.