See the registration process for private candidates below. Please note, we don’t offer Primary Checkpoint exams to private candidates.
Exam registration for private candidates
Step 1: Completing your registration
Download and complete an entry form from the Downloads section at the bottom of this page.
Alternatively you can collect a form from our office in Kampala. You will need to bring along with you:
• Two current passport sized photographs;
• A valid international passport (original only), a national ID or driving license;
• A photocopy of the information page(s) of passport or photocopy of national ID/driving license.
Once you have filled in your details, sign and submit the application form to one of our customer services team, or scan and email your documents to email@example.com
Step 2: Payment instructions
You will need a reference number before making your payment. Contact the British Council Customer Service Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +256312560800 to request for your unique candidate Reference number. Failure to quote a reference number may delay your application process. No payment will be accepted without this information.
1. Bank Transfer
2. Cash deposit
OPTION 1: Bank Transfer
You may make payment via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or RTGS.
Use the bank details below and ensure that you quote your unique candidate reference number given to you by the British Council.
Bank: Stanbic Bank
Branch: Corporate Branch
Account Name: British Council
Account Number: 9030005677164
Currency: Uganda Shillings
Swift Code: SBICUGKX
All bank transfer charges should be factored in when making the bank transfer and must be cleared before your application is confirmed.
Transfer fees will automatically be deducted from Payments made without the required transfer fees.
OPTION 2: Cash Deposit through the bank
• Get your payment reference number from the British Council along with the application form;
• Payments should be made only at Stanbic Bank Branches Country wide. Stanbic Bank is Open Monday to Friday, 0830 to 1600 and Saturday 0900 to 1200.
• Cash deposit slips with the British Council logo should also be picked from Stanbic Bank.
• In the Reference No. or against the Payment Type Code boxes on the slip, fill in your unique candidate reference number given to you by the British Council.
• Fill in the rest of the deposit slip and pay to the cashier.
We have 2 different deposit slips available in the bank, and depending on which one you get, fill in your unique candidate reference number given to you by the British Council as illustrated below:
or Payment Type Code:
You will find the fees for all exams on the pricelist from the Downloads section at the bottom of this page.
Each examination board has a normal registration stage for each exam session. You may still be able to register for exams after this date, but you will have to pay a penalty fee. You can find more information about late registration penalty fees on your exam registration form.
Keep your stamped bank deposit slip/proof of payment as you will need this to complete your exam registration.
Step 3: Submit your registration form
You have now filled in your registration form and paid for your exams.
The final step is to submit your application to the British Council.
To do this, you will need:
- Your completed and signed registration form. Please make and keep a photocopy of this form for your records.
- Two colour passport-size photographs. These must be identical and taken within the past six months.
- A clear photocopy of your valid international passport, national ID or driving license.
- Your stamped bank deposit slip. Please make and keep a photocopy of this deposit slip for your records.
Submit the completed application and proof of payment via email to email@example.com or bring the form to our offices in Kampala.
Step 4: Registration complete
You will receive a ‘statement of entry’ via email to confirm that you are registered to write the exam. If you have not received confirmation one week before the expected exam date, please contact us.